Sunday 4 September 2016

Preview: Hatsune Miku Project Diva X


Did you think I wouldn't notice? Vocaloid rhythm game,Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X, is out now in the UK for PS4 and PSVita. I don't have my hands on the full game yet but I couldn't contain myself so I'm writing up a preview based on the demo. (It's free,go try it.)


Core gameplay is pretty much the same as previous games but feels a little more polished, hit the button prompts as they fly in towards their targets. Buying the full game will net you around 30 new songs and that might be your biggest reason to purchase, but improvements have been made elsewhere that could be worth your attention and make for some nice additions. Songs are split into themed "clouds" and the Diva Room feature appears to be integrated into the game in a way you'll be spending more time with the idols than usual, without having to go in to separate menus. It's also easier to collect items and modules (costumes)  as they operate on a loot type system, with
items dropping during and after a song. This streamlines the collection side of the game (removing the need for Diva Points) but I wonder how you would go about unlocking a specific item? The more frequent and direct rewards are appreciated though.



Talking of loot; modules and accessories almost act like armour and accessories in an RPG, you get a
boost for equipping the correct outfit for the song style plus a special ability such as an increase in the number of special notes or extra points when you hit a 100 note streak.



The demo also includes one festival event, which lets you string together three songs in an epic
stadium setting. With only 2 difficulties and 3 songs, I am still finding the demo very addictive thanks to the new improvements and the addition of loot and rare drops and I can't wait to experience the full game. I'm expecting more modes, a range of specials quests, a use for my items and gifts, all the other Piapro characters and a bunch of great songs.



Oh and I forgot to mention, the PS4 version is the first game I've seen listed as a PSVR game...

so if you're picking up PSVR in October you'll be able to hold your own virtual concert! Noice!


Check out the "Hatsune Miku" tag below for more related content!

No comments:

Post a Comment